We offset our carbon emissions by Eco hosting
Merry Meet Friends
Greetings and Witchy Blessings to you all!
Welcome to our second newsletter. With Beltane now on the horizon we have focused this newsletter on the fire festival.
Beltane, standing opposite the Wheel from Samhain, - 31st October Southern Hemisphere
Deities: May Queen, Stag Lord, Jack-in-the-Green, the Green Man
Herbs: Frankincense, Roses, Lemon Balm and Lemon Thyme
Stones: Quartz, Sunstone, Orange Calcite, Malachite
This Sabbat marks the celebration of life renewed with as much intensity as Samhain marked and honoured death and rebirth. The God is now full-grown to manhood. The Maiden, her fertility all-encompassing, stirs and rouses the God's desires. As they lay amongst creation, united as one by their eternal love, their union creates the new Sun God-to-be, the promise of rebirth to which we hold so close at Samhain. Yet, even though we're reminded at this Sabbat that all things have an ending, it is with joy and hope and desire and passion for the fertility of the world and for ourselves that we dance laughingly around the Maypole. For fleeting moments, the world stands still in promise of what might yet be, and the urge to love and merriment overwhelms.
Celebrants danced around the Maypole, in a sun-wise motion. Weaving flowers and vines tightly to the surface. The pole maintained its reign until it was replaced the following year, at which time it was split into logs to fuel the new Beltane fire.
Decorate Altar area with a small, potted tree inside the Circle. Make flower garland, string of beads, or small bags filled with flowers to hang from the tree in honour of the marriage of god and goddess. Appropriate Foods include dairy and dishes such as marigold custard and vanilla ice cream. Oatmeal cakes.
Ways to Celebrate:
· Light a long life candle at Sundown to invoke the Sun-God. Keep it burning until sundown at the end of the festival.
· Make a door wreath with fresh greenery and flowers. Decorate the rest of the house with any leftovers.
· Wear flowers and send some time with nature.
· Light a ring of candles and set up a Maypole in the middle. Decorate the Maypole with ribbons and flowers. Perhaps invite friends over to come and dance around it with you.
· Jump over the candles or walk around them and focus on what you would like to bring forth in the coming year.
In need of some protective magic:
· Taste some salt or throw it around you in a circle.
· Cross your fingers - this calls upon the force of the sun.
· Tighten your muscles and relax them while visualising protection.
Strawberry - Banana Stimulation
· 1 Banana
· 1 cup Milk
· 1 tsp. Honey
· 1 cup plain Yoghurt
· 5 Strawberries
· pinch of ginger or cinnamon (optional)
Blend the first five ingredients until well combined. Sprinkle the ginger or cinnamon on top and enjoy.
01/11/01 Full Moon - Taurus
15/11/01 New Moon - Scorpio
01/12/01 Full Moon - Gemini
15/12/01 New Moon - Capricorn - Solar Eclipse 9.47am
22/12/01 Summer Solstice
31/12/01 Full Moon - Cancer - Blue Moon
Well on that note we will end this newsletter. Please let us know your thoughts and comments.
Until next Sabbat
Igrewl and Asrteia
For More Information Contact:
PO Box 93, Patumahoe, Auckland, New Zealand 1730